CATHERINE VELISHA, THOUGHT LEADER IN HORTICULTURE
Catherine Velisha is the third-generation business owner and Managing Director of Velisha Farms a 30-million-dollar national horticulture business based in Victoria, Australia. The Velisha Farms business has farms in Werribee south, Caldermeade and Tatura (Victoria) and partners with producers throughout Australia to grow vegetables for a varied customer base. Under Catherine’s leadership, Velisha Farms has expanded into international export markets, with customers being in Singapore and Thailand. Catherine is also the founder of VEG Education RTO focusing on Business leadership, industry compliance, and farm safety training. VEG Education enables Catherine to bring her love of vegetables and the industry directly to the next generation via a variety of unique school and community programs.
Catherine has worked within the horticulture industry for over 19 years and has been involved in all aspects of the industry supply chain. She is known as a pioneering leader and education advocate. Catherine brings together the best in strategy and innovation, brand, and customer thinking to drive smarter, sustainable business growth. She has forged a path as the reliable expert voice and spokesperson for the horticulture sector within mainstream media and is a presenter on Channel 10s My Market Kitchen.
Catherine is working with Work Safe as an ambassador of their smarter, safer farms project; encouraging farming businesses to not be fearful of embracing safety and making changes within their businesses and Velisha Farms is a finalist in the WorkSafe Awards – Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety on a Farm.
Catherine has a strong sense of duty, to improve and add value to an industry that has supported generations of her family and to continue, expand and grow the legacy that has been given to her by many members of the Velisha Family.
Looking to have Catherine Velisha speak at your event?
- Pioneering Leader and Education Advocate
- Victorian Farmers Federation Horticulture Commodity Councillor
- Agricultural Industry Nuffield Scholar 2020
- WorkSafe Vic Ambassador 2021
- AUSVEG Victoria Woman in Horticulture 2022
- VEG Schools – Delivered Programs on-site at Velisha Farms to over 1500 students
- Delivered Teacher Professional Development Sessions about the Fresh Produce Industry
- AUSVEG – Federal Government Policy Campaign & Partnership
- Nutrition Australia Policy Campaign & Try for 5 Program
- Thankful For Farmers Australian Advisory Council Member
- Wyndham Tech School Industry Partnership – Factory of the Future and Automation
- Presenter My Market Kitchen – Channel 10 – Featuring in all 2022 Episodes promoting vegetables
- Host VEG TV – Promoting Veg Consumption and Growers
- Presented at the Home Economics Conference
- Named one of Australian Horticulture most influential people 2022 by The Weekly Times
- Wynnovation Conference Presenter
- International Women’s Day Guest Speaker – (BPW Melbourne)
- 2022 Fresh Produce Safety Conference – Presenter
- Dietitians Australia 2022 Conference – Presenter
- Melbourne Uni Guest Lecturing
- Victoria Uni Project Partnership – Sustainability and using vegetable waste to produce packaging
MEDIA APPEARANCE & AWARDS
- National Finalist Grower of the Year 2020
- National Woman in Horticultural Award 2021
- AUSVEG Victorian Community Stewardship Award 2021
- National Finalist Grower of the Year 2022
- Industry Representative and Media Appearance – Studio 10, Nine News, SBS, ABC, RADIO, PODCASTS & PRINT