Farm Contractor Induction
This program is a self paced online learning module aimed at contract workers entering a farm for the first time.
Do you put in the same effort in inducting your contractors as you do the employees although they’re going to spend only a few hours on-site?
If not, how do you approach contractor induction in a way that protects you from liability? Australia’s Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) requires that you extend workplace safety to your contractors and other third parties.
Not extending this type of safety to your contractors may result in hefty fines, penalties, or even jail time.
- hazards and risks in the workplace such as overhead power lines and the workplace control measures for those risks
- no go zones that must be complied with
- personal protective equipment(PPE) that workers must wear and use
- safety documents, policies and plans
- traffic management plans
- who to report incidents and hazards to and how to report them
- incident, emergency and evacuation knowledge
- Duty of care
- Contractor obligations
- How to handle hazardous chemicals
- Electrical safety
- PPE and safety
- Alcohol and drugs
- How to ensure environmental sustainability