Everyone has a right to a safe workplace and everyone has a role to play in keeping it safe. This program is designed for workers across the fresh produce industries as a baseline for workplace safety setting all workers up for success.
Employees without proper safety inductions tend to have a higher tendency for negligence or non-adherence to health and safety regulations. Moreover, these workers are also prone to injuries and fatalities because of misinformation or inadequate knowledge to properly deal with hazards in the workplace.
This program has been designed for all workers in the Fresh Produce sector.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees.
- Help employees understand the values and behavior of the workplace culture.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of emergency procedures such as emergency exits, evacuation instructions and assembly points.
- Proper training on first aid and emergency protocols.
- Proper equipment handling.
- Understanding of critical government rules and regulations.
- Help employees transition smoothly to the organisation and adjust to the new role. Workers know their work responsibilities and limitations.
- Employees rights and benefits are in place.
- Drive improvement in productivity and quality of work.
- Safety Induction
- Awareness Mobile Plant Safety (Tractors / Quad Bikes / Side by Side / Forklifts)
- Food safety and security
- Using equipment
- Good Manufacturing Processes