HSR Initial OHS Training Course
To exercise powers and rights as an HSR effectively, it is essential that HSRs and deputy HSRs receive training. This WorkSafe-approved training course aims to provide HSRs with the skills, knowledge and confidence to represent their designated work group and to help make their workplace safer.
- Interpreting the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holders
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work.
- This WorkSafe-approved training course will help HSRs understand and exercise their powers effectively.
- This training equips HSRs with the confidence, skills and knowledge to represent their designated work group and to help make their workplace safer.