Health and Safety Rep
This course provides a practical focus on the role of the Health and Safety Representative, with an emphasis on achieving positive outcomes in the workplace through consultation.
Although HSRs are the primary audience, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members and anyone with an interest in health and safety may also benefit from attending this course.
- The Health and Safety Representative pathway
- Designed to give HSRs the skills, knowledge and confidence to represent their designated work group
- Help make workplaces safer
- Skills so you can represent fellow workers in work health and safety matters
- Exercise health and safety representative (HSR) powers and functions under the Work Health and Safety Act
- This does not qualify you as an work health and safety specialist.
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Representing designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder(s)
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work