Farm First Aid
This program has been developed as an entry level non accredited training module designed to help all farm workers understand possible emergency situations.
The farm should ensure that they have qualified first aid staff on site at all times.
Farming may be one of the most dangerous occupations, but first aid readiness can help keep a minor injury from turning into a major issue
This training program is designed for all farm workers to gain a better understanding of how to respond to farm accidents.
Although not every farm injury requires a trip to hospital, it’s important to be prepared for the inevitable bump, bruise, scrape, or worse.
- The biggest risk injuries that may be encountered on a farm.
- Awareness of typical farm accidents.
- Basic treatment for typical farm accidents.
- How to handle different farm accident scenarios.
- Awareness of allergies that may lead to serious health complications.
- Calling 000
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- Drowning (pool, river, dam)
- Severe Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Poisons and Toxic Substances
- Snake Bite treatment
- Chemical first aid