Engage your primary school class in the world of agriculture and get them excited about vegetables with a fully funded hands-on farm excursion.
Our school excursions are tailored to each year group, and align to Food & Fibre in the Design Technologies curriculum. Each excursion lasts two hours, and takes place in Velisha Farms’ living classroom, and around the farm facilities themselves. Depending on your students’ year group, an excursion contains:
- A tour of our farm and warehouse facilities, with explanations of how each section contributes to vegetables reaching your plate.
- Tastings of vegetables grown and packed at Velisha Farms
- Undertake a program aligned to the curriculum with resources and activities to complete back at school.
- Educational games appropriate to your cohort’s age group
Explorations of the following areas of the curriculum:
- Explore how plants and animals are grown for food, clothing and shelter
- Explore how food is selected and prepared for healthy eating
- Investigate food and fibre production used in modern or traditional societies
- Investigate food preparation techniques used in modern or traditional societies
- Investigate how and why food and fibre are produced in managed environments
- Investigate the role of food preparation in maintaining good health and the importance of food safety and hygiene
Until July 2024, VEG Education Farm Gate Programs are fully funded for Victorian schools thanks to the Victorian Government’s Agriculture TAFE and Training Fund. Travel costs will be covered up to $1000 per visit. Numbers capped at 30 students per excursion.