Give your secondary students real-world insight into the farming industry and introduce them to the fun side of agriculture with a fully funded hands-on farm excursion.
Our school excursions are tailored to each year group, and align to Food & Fibre in the Design Technologies curriculum. Each excursion lasts two hours, and takes place in Velisha Farms’ living classroom, and around the farm facilities themselves. Depending on your students’ year group, an excursion contains:
- A tour of our farm and warehouse facilities, with explanations of how each section contributes to vegetables reaching your plate.
- Tastings of vegetables grown and packed at Velisha Farms
- Activities to understand the entire food supply chain.
- Projects appropriate to your cohort’s year level.
- Resources and materials for ongoing work back at school.
Explorations of the following areas of the curriculum:
- Analyse how food and fibre are produced when creating managed environments and how these can become more sustainable
- Analyse how characteristics and properties of food determine preparation techniques and presentation when creating solutions for healthy eating
- Investigate and make judgements on the ethical and sustainable production and marketing of food and fibre
- Investigate and make judgements on how the principles of food safety, preservation, preparation, presentation and sensory perceptions influence the creation of food solutions for healthy eating